Click HERE To Get Access To A Free Report


Never Pay Taxes Again – Recorded Webinar

Would you like to learn how you can take control of your investments? My wife and I contributed for years into our retirement accounts, only to find 40% of it disappear recently because of market fluctuations and poor financial management. Recently, over the last two to three years, I learned how to “Free” our money from the managers of those accounts and set up “Genuine Self Directed (Roth) IRA’s, Checkbook LLC’s” where we could take control of our investment choices. Since I set these accounts up in 2012 we have made 100’s of thousands of dollars of “Tax Free Profits” in precious metals, real estate, and mining. These options were not available in traditional qualified accounts. If you would like to join a short recorded webinar CLICK HERE

I am so excited about what I have found out through simple education that I put together this web site and we are creating webinars regularly on these topics so I can help other people learn what I have learned. From here I hope that I will earn your business in introducing you to some of my business partners where you can look at opportunities to invest in things like cash flow real estate.

So, please join these highly educational live webinars that are taking place now. To get access, please fill out the registration form above. These workshops will show you how to self direct your qualified retirement plans so you can invest in what you want to . . . and just maybe . . . you will want to look at the cash flow real estate that I have available through Strongbrook REIC or purchasing a Robotic Trader to manage your account!

Self-Directed Roth IRA General Information

In 1997, Congress introduced the Roth IRA to be like a traditional IRA, but with a few attractive modifications. The big advantage of a Roth IRA is that if you qualify to make contributions, all distributions from the Roth IRA are tax-free – even the investment returns – as long as the distributions meet certain requirements. In addition, unlike traditional IRAs, you may contribute to a Roth IRA for as long as you continue to have earned income (in the case of a traditional IRA, you can’t make contributions after you reach age 701/2).


For tax years starting in 2011, the $100,000 modified adjusted gross income limit for conversations to Roth IRA is eliminated and married taxpayers filing a separate return can now convert amounts to a Roth IRA.

The Self-Directed Roth IRA LLC Secret

Alternative investments such as real estate have always been permitted in IRAs, but few people seemed to know about this option- until the last several years. This is because large financial institutions have little incentive to recommend something other than stocks, bonds or mutual funds which bring in extremely profitable commissions and fees for them.

There are approximately 2.5 million Self-Directed IRA accounts in the United States, a large portion of which are Roth IRA accounts. In the last several years, the number of Self-Directed IRA LLC accounts has grown significantly. The significant increase in the number of Self-Directed IRAs formed can be largely attributed due to the poor performance of the stock market, the growth of the real estate market, the lack of liquidity in the small business loan market, and the increase in media coverage by the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, The New York Times, Business Week, and some of the other major financial media companies.

It is not entirely uncommon for a tax or financial advisor to have not heard of self-directed IRAs given the fact that the traditional financial institutions have concealed their benefits due to their focus on selling the more profitable equities, bonds, and mutual funds.

The Self-Directed Roth IRA LLC Solution

The Self-Directed IRA LLC structure was affirmed in the Tax Court case Swanson v. Commissioner, 106 T.C. 76 (1996), and further confirmed by the IRS in Field Service Advisory (FSA) 200128011 (April 6, 2001).

A Self-Directed Roth IRA LLC offers one the ability to use his or her retirement funds to make almost any type of investment on their own without requiring the consent of any custodian or person. Tired of being forced to invest in stocks or mutual funds? Have an investment opportunity, such as real estate or a business investment that you would love to make with your Roth IRA funds? Then the Self-Directed Roth IRA LLC is your solution. In addition to the tremendous Roth IRA benefits (tax-free profits, tax deductions, asset protection and estate planning), the Self-Directed Roth IRA LLC allows you to invest tax-free in investments that you know and understand. Aside from life insurance, collectibles and certain “prohibited transaction” investments outlined in Internal Revenue Code Section 4975, a Self-Directed IRA can invest in most commonly made investments, including real estate, private business entities, public stocks, private stocks, and commercial paper.

The self-directed Roth IRA LLC, similar to a Self-Directed IRA LLC, allows the IRA holder to:

  • Use the same Self-Directed Roth IRA LLC to purchase domestic and foreign real estate, private mortgages, gold and stocks, bonds and mutual funds inside the same plan and generate profits tax-free.
  • Purchase real estate foreclosures and tax liens on the spot, or make personal loans by simply writing a check and generate profits tax-free.
  • Buy your retirement home now at today’s prices, rent it out, and then move in tax-free at the age of 59 1/2!
  • Buy a vacation home now at today’s prices anywhere in the world, rent it out, and then use it tax-free at the age of 59 1/2!
  • Buy an office building now at today’s prices, rent it out, and then move your business in tax-free at the age of 59 1/2.

Join one of our webinars or online workshops to learn more about these.

Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs)

An individual retirement arrangement, or IRA, is a personal savings plan which allows you to set aside money for retirement, while offering you tax advantages. You can set up different kinds of IRAs with a variety of organizations, such as a bank or other financial institution, a mutual fund, or a life insurance company.

The original IRA is referred to as a “traditional IRA.” A traditional IRA is any IRA that is not a Roth IRA or a SIMPLE IRA. You may be able to deduct some or all of your contributions to a traditional IRA. You may also be eligible for a tax credit equal to a percentage of your contribution. Amounts in your traditional IRA, including earnings, generally are not taxed until distributed to you. IRAs cannot be owned jointly. However, any amounts remaining in your IRA upon your death will be paid to your beneficiary or beneficiaries.

To contribute to a traditional IRA, you must be under age 70 1/2 at the end of the tax year. You, and/or your spouse if you file a joint return, must have taxable compensation, such as wages, salaries, commissions, tips, bonuses, or net income from self-employment. Taxable alimony and separate maintenance payments received by an individual are treated as compensation for IRA purposes.

Compensation does not include earnings and profits from property, such as rental income, interest and dividend income, or any amount received as pension or annuity income, or as deferred compensation.

Please refer to Publication 590, Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs), for information on the amounts you will be eligible to contribute to your IRA account and when you can make contributions.

Figure your deduction using the worksheets in the Form 1040 Instructions, Form 1040A Instructions or in Publication 590. You cannot claim an IRA deduction on Form 1040EZ; you must use either Form 1040A (PDF) or Form 1040 (PDF). If you made nondeductible contributions to a traditional IRA you need to attach Form 8606 (PDF), Nondeductible IRA’s. Use Form 8880 (PDF), Credit for Qualified Retirement Savings Contributions, to determine whether you are also eligible for a tax credit. Enter the amount of the credit on either Form 1040A or Form 1040. You cannot use Form 1040EZ to claim this credit.

Distributions from a traditional IRA are fully or partially taxable in the year of distribution. If you made only deductible contributions, distributions are fully taxable. Use Form 8606 to figure the taxable portion of withdrawals.

Distributions made prior to age 59 1/2 may be subject to a 10% additional tax. You also may owe an excise tax if you do not begin to withdraw minimum distributions by April 1st of the year after you reach age 70 1/2. These additional taxes are figured and reported on Form 5329 (PDF), Additional Taxes on Qualified Plans (Including IRAs) and Other Tax-Favored Accounts. Refer to Form 5329 Instructions for exceptions to the additional taxes.

For information on conversions from a traditional IRA to a Roth IRA, refer to Publication 590.

A Roth IRA differs from a traditional IRA in several respects. A Roth IRA does not permit a deduction at the time of contribution. Regardless of your age, you may be able to establish and make nondeductible contributions to a Roth IRA. You do not report Roth contributions on your tax return. To be a Roth IRA, the account or annuity must be designated as a Roth IRA when it is set up. Like a traditional IRA, a Roth IRA can be set up but there is a limitation on the amount that can be contributed for each year and there is a deadline for each contribution. For more information on Roth IRA contributions, refer to Topic 309. You do not include in your gross income qualified distributions or distributions that are a return of your regular contributions from your Roth IRA(s). Refer to Publication 590, Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs), for additional information on Roth IRA(s).

Converting From Any Traditional IRA Into a Roth IRA

Allowable conversions. You can withdraw all or part of the assets from a traditional IRA and reinvest them (within 60 days) in a Roth IRA. The amount that you withdraw and timely contribute (convert) to the Roth IRA is called a conversion contribution. If properly (and timely) rolled over, the 10% additional tax on early distributions will not apply. You must roll over into the Roth IRA the same property you received from the traditional IRA. You can roll over part of the withdrawal into a Roth IRA and keep the rest of it. The amount you keep will generally be taxable (except for the part that is a return of nondeductible contributions) and may be subject to the 10% additional tax on early distributions.

Periodic distributions. If you have started taking substantially equal periodic payments from a traditional IRA, you can convert the amounts in the traditional IRA to a Roth IRA and then continue the periodic payments. The 10% additional tax on early distributions will not apply even if the distributions are not qualified distributions (as long as they are part of a series of substantially equal periodic payments).

Required distributions. You cannot convert amounts that must be distributed from your traditional IRA for a particular year (including the calendar year in which you reach age 70½) under the required distribution rules.

Income. You must include in your gross income distributions from a traditional IRA that you would have had to include in income if you had not converted them into a Roth IRA. These amounts are normally included in income on your return for the year that you converted them from a traditional IRA to a Roth IRA. However, for 2010 conversions, any amounts you must include in income are generally included in income in equal amounts in 2011 and 2012 unless you elected to include the amounts in income in 2010.

Special rules for 2010 conversions from traditional IRAs to Roth IRAs. If you converted a traditional IRA to a Roth IRA in 2010 and did not elect to include the taxable amount in income for 2010, you must include the taxable amount in income for 2011 and 2012, generally half in 2011 and half in 2012. If you did not take a distribution from your Roth IRAs in 2010 or 2011, include the amount from line 20a of your 2010 Form 8606 on your 2011 Form 1040, line 15b; Form 1040A, line 11b; or Form 1040NR, line 16b. For more information about reporting this amount, see your tax return instructions. You may be required to include an amount other than half of the 2010 conversion from a traditional IRA to a Roth IRA if you took a Roth IRA distribution in 2010 or 2011.